One Night in Bangkok
Cliché title but is there any another choice?
"One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster. The bars and temples but the pearls ain't free. You'll find a god in every golden cloister. And if you're lucky then the do's a she. I can feel an angel sliding up to me." - Murray Head
What to do when you only have one night in Bangkok and less than 20 hours of daylight? Plenty.
1. Visit as many temples as you can.
2. See the Reclining Buddha.
3. Eat a bowl of noodles for 12THB (~$0.30) at The Best of Boat Noodle. This guy says so.
6. Ride a tuk-tuk! You'll get from point A to point B (probably) and have so much fun on the way.
7. Take a break and enjoy tea service or grab a fancy cocktail at the SO Sofitel overlooking Lumpini Park.
8. Shop at the CentralWorld mall. I know - why would I send you to a mall when you're in a city like Bangkok but let me tell you this is some of the best shopping I've ever experienced (and the air-conditioning was a nice break from the heat outside). They literally had every brand I could ever want and insanely amazing sales on everything. There's nothing like scoring some Moschino or Alice and Olivia at 50% off. Also, if you're lucky, you'll stumble upon the Japan Expo and get a little taste of Tokyo with some live music, Harajuku Girls and a whole lotta Pokémon.
9. Eat the street food. There are ~500,000 street vendors in Bangkok so it shouldn't be hard to find something you're into. Protip: skip any drinks served with ice. Go for bottles/cans only even if they're room temperature.
10. If you're into nightlife - this city has plenty to offer. If not - jump on a plane and head north to Chiang Mai!